03 September 2007

Words to Think About

"From utter chaos thrusts brilliant light."
-- Somebody


Other words that drag off the tongue with awe and juicy rawness:

"I am Ozymandias, King of Kings! Look upon my works, O ye Mortals, and despair!"
-- Percy Shelly

"The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power
And all that beauty, all that wealth ere gave
Await alike the inevitable hour:
The paths of glory lead but to the grave."
-- Sir Thomas Gray

"I'm only one
But not alone.
My finest day
Is yet unknown."
-- Whitney Houston

"Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish in the crowd."
-- I Ching

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
-- Mark Twain

"Henceforth, I ask not good fortune. I myself am good fortune."
-- Walt Whitman

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never."
-- Winston Churchill

"I burn the books in my bag, but the lessons written in my guts will never fade away."
-- Zen koan


BTW, the comments have been fixed. They should show up instantaneously instead of having to wait for me to log on and screw everything up.

No comments: