08 October 2008

Brilliant Ultimatium

When I move I move slow. Couple boxes at a time. Been lucky enough to have places cool enough to let me do so. Less stress over deadlines and rental vehicles.

Because of such, Year Five is taking longer than imagined. Too much real life to do. The writing isn't compelling me enough to sit down and let it pour out. To quote Kevin Smith, "I don't get writer's block, I get writer's laze."*


In the meantime...


I've been struck with this wonderful idea for a project. It's not so much a storyline or a plot as it is a foundation or launching pad for any kind of genre. Sorta like an environmental MacGuffin.
It hinges on current events.
It comes into fruition early next year.
It has everything to do with the Government.
It has nothing to do with the oncoming election.
It can attach to most any developing storyline to add further depth and suspense.
It must be jumped upon immediately.
It affects everyone in the country.
And there ain't one damn chakra anywhere near it.


It's screaming for a pitch session. A couple of people sitting 'round a room bouncing ideas off of it to see what sticks.
I don't want to spill more beans until the time is right, but I need a handful of bright, energetic, talented, dedicated people to share bullshit with.


Which is why I'm asking you.


Wha'dya say?
I can't ignore it, so I have to nurture it.
It's a real good idea.
Honest Injun.
Wanna get in on the ground floor of a really great journey?


Please somebody respond in e-mail. You'll be glad you did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotations:

*: Smith, Kevin, An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, Disc 1: Toronto, Sony Pictures, 2006

No comments: