23 June 2009

Right Now...

My life has changed drastically in the past few weeks.

I recently moved all my business to Evanston and work and life are all centralized.

New location's a 20-minute walk from my place.
I can walk to the beach on my breaks.
And pass by kudzu-covered mansions.

Even scored myself a second position.
At Northwestern University.
At the Art Museum.


I know. Me neither.

It's small and part-time, but has such great potential.
Especially their cinema program.
It's all almost like starting school all over again.

Good and bad.

All the friends and acquaintances I've built up for years are gone.
Again.
My once magnetic personality doesn't appear to be attracting anyone.
At work or in town.
I'm so busy I rarely get a day off anymore.
And when I do I don't want to do anything.

And the 19-year-old I've been kinda, sorta seeing for the past few months
Dropped me to be with one of her old friends.

*chuckles*
Happy New Moon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think change is hard to stomach all at once, and the best thing to do is let it all sink in, get used to the new routine, and it all somehow becomes okay. Suddenly you find yourself relishing in it and are happy that things shifted.

What does the new moon mean, exactly?

~Stephanie