21 June 2007

Color Me Surprised

Okay.

So, a lot of bitterness and frustration came out in that last entry. If there's one definite thing I've learned in doing these auditions, it's that you can't let your energy just sit and wither away when it's over. Gotta take the momentum and keep it moving. It's the only way to bounce back.

So, moving right along...

I'm a bit confused as to where to go next in my creative venture. I'm dying to get back up on stage, so I'm gonna be hitting Open Mic nights again starting next week. But, in the meantime, I'm focusing on ways to branch out my media empire.

Self-publishing has really captured my attention. Not publishing like "post-it-on-the-web" publishing but actual "publishing" publishing, that concept Gutenburg gave birth to and has since gone the way of the dodo: Tangible media. I'm conceptualizing a compendium of my writing, poetry and essays, journal entries and stories, edited to perfection and collected in a slim, handsome natural-pressed-paper booklet to display and sell at performances. Wouldn't it look so damn good on your bookshelf? Plus, Uncle Freddy, another entity gone by the way of the dodo, is so close to just being done with that I want to paste the last 10 or so minutes together and sell the whole Uncle Freddy cycle as a CD complete with unreleased demos and other stuff I've recorded in my free time. Ooh! Homemade comedy! The BEST kind!

You'd buy that, right? I know I would.

I know it's self-serving and narcisisstic, but I've come to realize that to succeed in this business, or any business, you have to play like you already belong there. So yeah. I'm gonna carve out my niche in the Library of Congress.

No comments: