04 October 2007

No Such Thing as a Coincidence

So more stuff sprinkled into the wind this past week...

Y'all know I ain't been auditioning much this year.

And the Bars thing came out of the blue.

Between talking to people there and I-don't-know-what-else, I've been offered a part in a movie starring Armand Assante, am being sent a stage script for callbacks, and talked to two directors about participating in/starring in Children of a Lesser God.

And my agent called me today. Haven't paid them dues for months. Called about a beer commercial.

All of these gigs pay.

Something else I'm not supposed to know: One of my stories got read by someone at Simon & Schuster.


Don't know what this means.



Happy Birthday to me.


**NEW STORY COMING SOON**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm totally jumping up and down for you, or at least I was until I started typing. You are amazing. Just promise you won't forget us little people in your awards acceptance speeches. . .

Always On Stage said...

Not yet. No jumping. Still have lots of work to do before anything's set in stone. It's all just elements swirling around in the kettle. They could kick out at any moment.

But yeah. It is kinda cool. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Finishing Bars, the movie, the play, the commercial, Simon & Schuster, your birthday... Could this week have possibly been any sweeter for you?

Always On Stage said...

Any sweeter? Heh... sure. But why be greedy? Got enough on my plate as is.

And it's all intangible. IN-TAN-GI-BLE.
Very important to note.

Anonymous said...

Oh, in-tan-gi-my-ass. You know full well that all it takes is the mere possibility of good things coming your way to get you into a positive frame of mind which gets you in a creative "happy place" and starts a million other balls rolling which means more possible good things coming... etc., etc. Any way you look at it every single open avenue can lead to a myriad of other amazing opportunities, even when the original doesn't pan out exactly as you hoped. Okay, maybe that's a little too Pollyanna even for me, but have a little faith that things are going to turn your way eventually please.

And you have every right to be greedy after the year you've had.

Always On Stage said...

There's a big difference between being asked for a role and actually getting the role. There's a difference between a story being read and a story being inquired about. I'm only interested in what the actual situation is now, I could care less about the potential.

However, your enthusiasm is quite explosive and encouraging. Thank you.