12 June 2010

New June Moon

I have lost sight of who I am.


This past New Year I wished to have a brand new everything.
Wasn't specific, just new everything.
And I think I may have gotten just that.

My career, it echoes the old but reeks of new
New duties, new stress, new headaches
My second job, it's recycled, now a different beast
Less responsibilites, more hustle
My car, once my King and best investment, has become a zombie
Prone to dying anywhere, controlled by its own whim
My bombshelter, once novelty, has become a relic
Static, stoic, dependable but staid
My friends, so exciting years ago, are now de rigueur
Dependable but monotone, a place to get lost
My artistic life, like my spiritual life, is all but gone
No shows, no walks, no spark, no go

My current girlfriend, whom I adore, touches me like only few can
Three or four before have done it
And she follows suit
Even up to the gritty end
But is it the end?
?
She says its not
But then, why am I stuck in reruns?


New Years is one of my favorite holidays, and I wanted every day this year to be a Happy New Year.
So let's start all over again.
With this New Moon, the last New Moon of the first half of the year, may familiarity and control re-enter my life
May I use the lessons of the past to navigate the future
May I accept the opportunities that life flings at me
May I once again realize that all things happen for a reason
May I live up to the birthright I fought so hard to earn
And may I learn to count my blessings before my failures
I deserve the best. I work too damn hard to accept otherwise. And it's time to collect.


If you do spend some time sending good vibes to others, please send a thought or two my way. I could use it.
I promise to spend more time thinking of you.
And I swear, things get better from here.
They have to.

Happy New Moon, everyone.



----------------
Now playing: Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness

No comments: