06 August 2008

Swinging Either Way

"...so she told you she thinks she's a lesbian!"

Am I that transparent?

"Ha! You have no idea!"



I'm sitting in a coffee shop next to someone I haven't seen for awhile. She and I used to have a thing. Long time ago. We're over it.
She looked me up. Asked for my help.
We make a date.
Business is business, but first things first:
How are you?
She doesn't want to speak first. Go figure.
I'm having a rather laid-back summer. Plus I got nothing to hide from her.
So there.
She's too attentive. Quiet, clicking. Lots of silly stupid grins. A few I wasn't expecting.
"I love the way you talk."
"Shut up."
She can't stop smiling.
"Why do you do that?"
"Because I know you."
You know nothing.
;)



"So what's going on with this chick?"
No clue.
"Aw. Why not?"
Can't handle it anymore.
"Can't handle what?"
Her.
"Can't handle her?"
I can handle her.
"So?"
Just fell too hard too fast.
"...so?"
I can't explain it.
"Try."
I don't want to get in her way.
"What does that mean?"
She's going through a lot right now.
"Ohhh... the whole insecure with herself thing?"
Not just that. She just left a big relationship.
"So what?"
She apparently wants to play the field.
"You think you know what she wants."
Her actions tell me what she wants.
"And it's not you, right?"
She ain't movin' too fast on me.
"What if she did?"
What?
"What if she flat out attacked you?"
She hasn't.
"What if she did?"
I don't know.
"Picture it. Happening right now."
Well...
"Yes..."
I'd love it.
"Mmmm..."
But...
"Yes?"
How would she do it?
"...you never know."
I don't think I would.
Ha.
You never do, Kevin.
"That's the bigger problem here."
Got something bigger.
"Oh?"
That thing she did.
"The lesbian thing?"
Yeah. I'm torn on it.
"How so?"
It hurt.
"Duh."
But it's so hot thinking about her like that."
"..."
What's that look for?





you all think the same.


so whatcha gonna do?


nnn
-nnnn
good answer

what would you do?
if i knew i wouldn't be here
right



what have you done?
nothing

how long?
long enough
i wouldn't say that
i would

youre having too much fun with this
why not its a game isnt it

what do you mean
this or that

love or sex
you two or us
whats going on here







Well?







Fuck'er.





"That's your answer?"



Yeah.


"Why fuck'er?"





'Cause that way you're both miserable and good and fucked.



Good seeing you like this.
Perhaps another time?
"I love the way you talk."
Shut up.


Fin.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

cute. hey Kevie how do you get that thing on the bottom that says what song your listening to and stuff?