14 January 2009

Poem: Know This Is True

For The Girl

When I dream I can see...

An essence of beauty, so wholly complete
So perfect in my eyes that none can compete
A modern Pygmalion, Helen of Troy
Could wish to achieve this though devious ploy
Skin smooth as chenille spun by a silkworm
Botticelli body, heavenly and firm
Hair finer than spiders' webs, softer than down
Great ocean of red locks where one prays to drown
Her eyes grey as stone; a flint with sparks afire
Her talented hands teach muses to inspire

When I dream I can see...

Her back is a magnet my hands cannot leave
A tailored embrace, fit like arms through a sleeve
The sight of her causes mens' knees to collapse
One scent and a woozy drool, heartbeats in lapse
Her smile, a porcelain glow filled with pride
But brighter much more is the light from inside
Wisdom and intelligence beyond all scope
A strong, driven, undying beacon of hope
Her quest for fulfillment is, itself, an art
A six-year-old spirit dwells within her heart

When I dream I can see...

One day not far off when we'll stand together
White lace and black suitcoat, bouquet of heather
A nervous ascent toward symbolic Oneness
A family-filled hall, tear-strained with happiness
I'll promise I'll love you through all that will come
You'll know this vow holds; already it's been done
Our hands will be bound in a gauze made of trust
We'll not be 'part through whate'er's to come of us
Then they will congratulate with wine and song
Though I can't help but know I've felt this all 'long

When I wake I can see...

It's not just a vision, my dream is alive
All that I would want is laying by my side
As if desires formed in my sleepy head
Flowed out, made a wish, crafted her in this bed
But she is reluctant, she won't hear my praise
She thinks that the world casts a cold, mocking gaze
My voice has gone hoarse in attempts to persuade
Her of her majesty: Shadows in the shade.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Please know this is true, dear: That you are divine
None less than your quality claim hearts like mine
Ere will I be true so long as you accept
The mirror's reflection, a benchmark done set
Appreciate all who you are in my eyes
Not just my beloved; a sought-after prize
Believe that you are the One, out and within
For when this light hits you, our love can begin


No comments: